Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
I don't watch wrestling any more, the last time I did consistently it was still called the WWF. Recently I did catch an episode and wanted to ask current wrestling fans a question: Is wrestling not as good as it was in the 90s?
I used to watch in the 90s, mostly about 97 onwards, and it seemed to be a great time, Stone cold, the Rock, Mankind and the rivalries between Vince Mchmahon and various wrestlers (usually stone cold).
I think I gave up on it when it became so ridiculous, I think the moment was where Mark Henry I think had relations with an old women resulting in a hand being born, that was when I moved to watching boxing lol.

if I remember right I started watching a little bit before the 'Invasion' angle with WCW/ECW. the wrestling was great, so was the characters, and the storylines. then a lot of things changed after stone cold, rock left. cena,batista,randy orton, and brock lesnar were left to carry the wwe. lesnar screwed vince and the wwe....because of this vince won't overly push any younger talent either for awhile or none at all. batista took over after lesnar's depature, but he didn't have the talent that lesnar had. anyway's though after good ol' jr stepped down from vp of talent relations, johnny ace took over (no true superstar yet). the booking/story lines are terrible as well because the writers have to check in with vince, and sometimes vince will want something re-written before the show starts. pretty much triple h might be the savior of wwe because vince isn't helping matter's with the product shown on tv.