Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

Sincerely doubt it. If anything, I think the govt would say LCN was active in as many cities as possible to justify continued funding for its various LCN taskforces in each of those places, etc.

Agenda? No

Reality? Yes

Have you spoken to made guys in areas like Buffalo, etc and asked them if they had a viable family, rackets, making ceremonies? Why are you refusing to even acknowledge the overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

Exactly. The FBI has decades of intelligence built up on the LCN. And those cases always make for good press. If there's something to go after in a given city, they likely will. Once the cases start petering off, especially over an extended period of time, that's a good sign the local family is fading out.

Or we can assume some are starting to wise up and say " hey these street gangs pose a bigger threat to the public than some old men taking bets so lets put the mafia on the back burner and go after the street gangs".

Or are you saying that every FBI member cares about mafia headlines more so than public safety? WHile I do not doubt some do, I find it a stretch to say they all do or even that a majority do.

if that was the case then the ny and philly fbi branches would devote much more resources to combating street crimes with all the gangs in both cities than wasting time putting up an indictment of a family like philly which involved no actual violence but just gambling, etc.

You are assuming that all FBI branch follow the same agenda though.Just because Detroit does something doesn't mean that Phillly and NY would do it and vice verse. Perhaps the senior FBI guys in Philly still deem the mafia to be a bigger threat or care more about the headlines. Doesn't mean the FBI guys in Detroit feel that way. Anyways its all just speculation and I guess we can agree to disagree.