Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
FBI National Priorities

"Our Priorities

The FBI focuses on threats that challenge the foundations of American society or involve dangers too large or complex for any local or state authority to handle alone. In executing the following priorities, we will produce and use intelligence to protect the nation from threats and to bring to justice those who violate the law.

1. Protect the United States from terrorist attack
2. Protect the United States against foreign intelligence operations and espionage
3. Protect the United States against cyber-based attacks and high-technology crimes
4. Combat public corruption at all levels
5. Protect civil rights
6. Combat transnational/national criminal organizations and enterprises
7. Combat major white-collar crime
8. Combat significant violent crime
9. Support federal, state, local and international partners
10. Upgrade technology to successfully perform the FBI’s mission"

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/quick-facts

For Detroit FBI branch

"In the 1990s, the division found itself tackling serious Ponzi schemes, major bank fraud, and various drug-related crimes like money laundering, illegal prescription sales, and health care fraud fraud. In 1990, division agents arrested Gregory Hooper on charges of industrial espionage. Hooper—an employee of General Motors—had stolen company trade secrets that were estimated to be worth $650 million.

During the decade, the division also pursued serious color of law and civil rights violations, as well as organized crime groups. In 1991, a joint FBI/IRS investigation led to the indictment of several active and retired Detroit police officials on charges of embezzlement, obstruction of justice, and income tax violations. The next year, FBI Detroit investigated a serious arson case that targeted an African-American resident of Battle Creek, Michigan. And in 1996, the division’s five-year undercover investigation called GAMTAX culminated in the indictment of 17 members of the Detroit mob—nearly its entire hierarchy—on charges of illegal gambling, loan-sharking, extortion, and acts of violence in support of those crimes. By 1998, Detroit boss Jack Tocco and several of his most important assistants had been convicted.

Following the events of 9/11, the Detroit Division shifted its focus to countering terrorist threats and strengthening its intelligence capacities. Working closely with the local Muslim communities, it has worked to identify extremist threats and to prevent retaliatory hate crimes against Michigan residents.

With a century of service under its belt, the Detroit Division is committed to using its full range of skills to protect and defend the citizens, businesses, and communities of Michigan in the years ahead."

http://www.fbi.gov/detroit/about-us/history-1/history

NYC FBI Branch

"In the organized crime realm, since 9/11, the New York Field Office has arrested and convicted the leadership of all five La Cosa Nostra families twice over, and effectively put the “sixth” family, the DeCavalcante family, out of commission. In an unprecedented occurrence, Bonanno family boss Joe Massino became the highest-ranking mobster ever to become an FBI cooperator...Counterterrorism remains the largest priority for the office."

http://www.fbi.gov/newyork/about-us/history-1/history

It's common knowledge that most any branch emphasises Counter terrorism more so than anything else, but I have yet to see any data which shows how much they allocate to combate street gangs, 1% MC clubs and other OC groups vs the mafia and for Ivy's formula to work the ratio must be the same in every city for the formula to be accurate. Simple as that. I always keep an open mind and have no desire for any family to be viable or not, but as I stated earlier you posting comments from one side is the same as interviewing one presidential candidate and taking what they say as gospel without giving the other a chance to talk.

Did you ask Tocco or anyone what measure they use for counter surveillance? I know it is a TV show but mobsters have said on wire tap how accurate Sopranos is and I recall for example at a sit down Silvio using a phone that the Taliban used which was completely untraceable. Before you laugh this off and say I am grasping at straws you should know there was a Serbian gang busted this January in my city and the police confiscated similar technology. If a local drug gang in a city of 150000 has access to this kind of technology who knows what a mafia family in the city of Detroit has access to?

Last edited by Mussolini14; 05/02/12 12:21 AM.