Some more...

1) When was the apex, the peak, of the Mafia here in America? The 40s? 50s? 60s? 70s? 80s?
2) Was Paul Castellano's path--turning the Mob toward white collar crimes and away from blue collar crimes--a wise one? Disregarding himself as a Boss and his own personal pettiness which got him killed, was that strategy one which could've held LCN strong in the long run?
3) A second question about Castellano--how powerful/influential was the Family under his reign? Did anyone respect Paul?
4) How did anyone ever support Gotti as being Boss? He would've been a great soldier but did no one in the Gambino Family worry about how flashy he was?
5) What was the state of the Mafia in the early 1990s--From around 1990 until Gravano flipped?
6) Do you think Neil DellaCroce could've been a good Boss had he been picked?
7) Are there any really interesting Mafiosos I should read about? I only really know about Costello, Luciano, Gotti, Castellano, Gravano, Ruggierio, etc.
8) Are there any books which illustrate what it's like to be a Capo? I ask because most movies usually show the Mob from either the side of the Boss/Guys on top (Godfather, Sopranos) or guys on the lowest ends (Donnie Brasco, etc)
8) Could the Italian American Mafia ever be revived? Even in theory, what would it require?

Last edited by Crazy_Joe_Gallo; 04/30/12 09:48 PM.