Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
i am aware of decicco and that plan but its debateable if they even would have killed john if frankie was whacked, remember that info comes from gravano who hated gotti at that point when he wrote that in his book, wiretaps of other gambino soldiers like frankie loc talk about how the soldiers on the street love gotti and that he was always worried they couldnt earn/werent earning enough

I've read pretty much every mob book out ther and study mob culture in college. Sure the younger soldiers liked him but many capos didnt like the fact that they had to meet at the Ravenite every week while the FBI was watching. Daniel Marino,Joseph Corraro,and nicky Corozzo were a few of these capos that didnt like that. the guys was a horrible boss and one of the dumber ones i've seen

i also studied the mob on my spare time in college and have read countless books/articles

he was a bad boss agreed, but dumb? thats not true. recent colombo turncoats have openly said that gotti instigated the colombo war by supporting orena to wage war against carmine so orena can win and gotti can have the colombos and the bonannos in his pocket at the commission, that is pretty smart on gottis part.

also massino said that he was told by the genovese that gotti planned to whack him out and put vitale in charge of the family to cement any possible dissent massino had.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.