Originally Posted By: Crazy_Joe_Gallo
Originally Posted By: dontommasino
An interesting question. The DiMeo Family probably would not have had any business interests out in Nevada. However, that doesn't eliminate the possibility that Johnny Boy would've gotten himself mixed up in the rackets somehow.

It's highly doubtful that the DiMeos, one of several NJ families (only dominating NORTH Jersey) had any interests as far out as Nevada in the 60s. And Johnny Boy as a made man (possibly even a Capo given he was 43 in 1967) would've been basically running away from his Family had Livia accepted the idea. He might've gotten mixed up in minor rackets, as a bookie, but I doubt he would've been accepted open arms into a Nevada family. It's not the NFL. I don't think guys, especially Captains, usually get traded from family to family. Even Tony says to Livia it was perhaps Johnny's chance to get out...

I think you are thinking of New York which has 5 families. new jersey only has one which is based on the decalvacante family. Philly is another state that only has one family along with Chicago