While I'll try and answer the questions to the best of my own personal knowledge this is in no way stating this as legitimate facts so take what I say with a grain of salt. I'm sure others will comment who have a better understanding.

As far as I'm aware to answer your first question, Papalia would have been a Captain to Buffalo but at the same time, he would have been a Mob boss in Canada. I haven't found exact numbers about how many made members he'd have but I suspect only a small amount, maybe hovering in the 20's, maybe less. Only from stories I hear living around the area, Papalia was a pretty prominent figure within Southern Ontario's organized crime world. He's one of the top few that if you're going to know about, you'll know him.

As for Volpe, many suspect he was not a boss or a full-fledged captain, he was just a soldier looking out for Buffalo interests in Toronto. Volpe was considered the laughing stock of the Canadian Underworld after he was caught on tape twice talking about the Mob. I'm under the impression that Volpe would have had no made men working under him.

The Rizzuto's are their own family operating in Canada. While there is no doubt they have connections with the Bonanno's, it must be noted that they were deemed officially independent in 1999. Whether or not they were before hand or after is up for speculation. Vito is only considered as a soldier by FBI Officials but Canadian Officials disagree.

Again, I like to stress that this is the information I know from the top of my head. There could be others on the forum that have an in depth knowledge and are more suitable to answer.