Originally Posted By: Parisi
'The Iceman' was one of the worst books I have ever had the displeasure of purchasing. Like previously noted Richard Kuklinski claimed to have conspired, if not taken part in every controversial mob hit since Albert Anastasia and Jimmy Hoffa.

Although as Ivy has pointed out, I don't believe all the blame should be placed onto Kuklinski. This guy was narcissistic mercenary who believed his own fictitious ideologies. Perhaps he knew he could suck journalists and criminologists into buying his stories and keeping people entertained and intrigued. I understand Kuklinski also referenced in a HBO interview that he would read into various ways of killing people and often visualized them as a reality.

In hindsight, Philip Carlo should have done his research before publishing this book. Carlo should have also researched Kuklinski's posturing claims of his alleged ties to the DeMeo crew, which can be easily proved untrue as none of the DeMeo informants claimed having any knowledge or relationship with Kuklinski.

This book was a complete write off and it shows very halfhearted journalism by Carlo and his team of editors and publishers.
i agree with you 100%

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!