Originally Posted By: SC
That 120° reading MAY be accurate, although it wouldn't be considered official unless some conditions were met (the placement of the thermometer would determine that - like shade, and height off the ground, etc.).

Very true. The cheapy thermometer reading 100+ is near the top of the wall, in the corner, with its back to the sun yet mostly shaded.

A foot or two under that is the outdoor remote strapped with velcro to the pole, and inside that was reading 96.5. My new handheld surface temp gun confirmed that both were correct, but it still doesn't tell me exactly what the temp is inside.

Being that it's about 78 out now, in the shade, according to my trusty old analog outdoor thermometer, and even with 3 of the 4 windows in the greenhouse open, it's definitely warmer in there.

This was taken just after noon today, with me facing the sun's direction.

PS - that's one of my fig trees poking from the bottom

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations