I'm the furthest thing from a feminist but the writers are significantly reducing the agency of two rather important female characters (Cersei Lannister and Catelyn Stark) and giving their insights or even actions to their sons.

Adaptations must make alterations of course and book and TV are different works of art but some of these changes are altering characters a bit too much.

In the books for example
Click to reveal..
it's Cersei who orders the slaughter of Robert's children, not Joffrey. Cersei is never afraid of Joffrey. It's Catelyn Stark who has the idea to attempt to negotiate with Renly and Stannis, not Robb. It's Catelyn Stark who pulls rank on Robb and releases Jaime on her own idea, not because she's been tricked into it by Littlefinger. Littlefinger never sees Catelyn again. In short both Catelyn Stark and Cersei Lannister are fierce mothers, and proud women who take leading roles as their sons' advisors. Morally they are miles apart of course. But neither shrinks from attempting to protect their family.

I'm glad I read the books first. The show is still very enjoyable. But if you like the show and haven't read the books I would urge you to do so.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.