Great question Don is Dead.

I LOVE both groups and have been fans since day one. Of course now you're talking "my era" so I suppose have a little prejudice to that time period. smile

Sympathy with the Devil IS one of my favorites but if I had to choose one of the many many Stones songs, it likely would be "You Can't Always Get What You Want" with my favorite Stones album, "Let It Bleed". Yet they've had so many hits and Jagger, tho older still sounds the same and of course nobody "Moves Like Jagger." lol

The Beatles too had so many hits both as a group and separately. I love nearly all of their music. I favor their later stuff more so than the early recordings but they had many great songs. For me, if I had to pick a favorite (and it's very hard), I'd go with "A Day In The Life." Favorite Beatle album remains for me, the White Album.

All & all, given the fact that the Beatles started a NEW wave in music with their totally different look & sound that changed the music industry not to mention influenced an entire generation of teenagers worldwide, I had to vote for them. I was around, but too young to be "into" the Elvis craze when he arrived on the scene, BUT will NEVER forget the excitement that surrounded the Beatle craze. Great time to be a teenager. I only regret that of all concerts I've seen I NEVER got to see either the Beatles or The Stones. Damn!! mad

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 04/16/12 10:58 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon