Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
There is absolutely nothing wrong with mom's staying home with their children. It certainly IS hard work. However, Mrs. Romney NEVER HAD to go to work and does not know what it's like to do so. She had the money for cooks, nannys, etc. Not to mention 2 caddies in the garage as her husband said.
smile

TIS

You know, when I meet someone, I may ask them about what work they do, what is their profession or job. I expect them to tell me that they are a plumber, a lawyer, a teacher, a ditch digger, etc. In response to that specific question, I don't expect them to tell me that they are a parent. Even if in response to that question they tell me that they are a parent, I would probably still enquire about their job otherwise or I might interpret their answer as stating that they don't have one.

With six kids to raise, my wife was still able to achieve the position of a microelectronics company executive. When she was asked what job she did, I never once heard her answer that she was a mother. When people would ask me about her job, I would always answer that she was a company executive. Although I might volunteer that she also was raising six children, I never stated that in response to a specific question about her job or profession.

So, in that context, TIS is absolutely right.

Last edited by olivant; 04/13/12 02:14 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."