The sad thing about some women of privilege (and I don't know enough about Ann Romney to know if this applies to her) is that they have never worked outside the home, yet they have little to nothing to do with keeping home and raising children. They are far too busy with their "charity events", shopping and hair and nail appointments. Then there are the dinner parties, hiring and firing of the help, meeting with the caterers and the florist - it's exhausting.

The sad truth in many cases is that those women have no clue about real life, and their homes and children are left in the care of servants.

As for women who work outside the home, I've done both. Believe me, going to the office is a hell of a lot easier. At least you get recognition for a hard day's work. However, as in everything in life, you reap what you sow. I never missed a school trip, play or concert. I made every parent/teacher conference. The homework was laid out on the kitchen table to be checked. My husband helped with math and science, while I supervised English and history. The family ate a home-cooked meal every night, around the table, as a family. I worked my butt off to make sure of it.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club