Axl is talented. Unfortunately, not as talented as he thinks he is, and that's his problem.

Axl isn't the first or will be the last musician who's ego is better than the Rock HOF's building. I feel bad for GNR fans because this would've been a fine opportunity to close that book on that band on a civil, pleasant note. Instead the story is how big of a d-bag is Axl? A big one.

Compare that in contrast with the great Iggy Pop, who by his own admission said he had "an emotional moment" when he got the news that the Stooges were going in. And considering all the shit a guy like Iggy has gone through, take that admission into consideration.

Talking Heads hated each other, but they attended their HOF induction. ABBA have refused (lucrative) reunion offers for decades, and they all still attended their HOF induction. The Police showed up, and that was a minor miracle in itself.You can stand being near folks you hate for a few hours, you're not required to like them again.

Unfortunately Axl's nonsense reminds me of when Paul McCartney bailed out on the Beatles' HOF induction because he "didn't want to relive the past." Which is rich because his concerts for the last 25 years basically been Beatle greatest hits shows. (You're lucky to get the occassional Wings hit.)

I've posted that Beatles HOF induction video before, which you dig up at YT. George Harrison has never been at ease with the public at such things, but he showed up. I'm sure he would rather eat nails than be there with Yoko Ono, but hell he was still there. Ringo was there too, drunk as a skunk and obviously embarrasing his buddy George. But he held his head high and earned respect from me.

Paul got over his "past" problems and years later inducted John.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 04/12/12 01:41 PM.