The bottom line in my mind is that immature adults like Zimmerman shouldn't be able to walk around the streets with concealed weapons anyway; this affects ALL of us. This story is a perfect example of the dangerous looney gun-culture we have in America, and I'm seriously frightened that so many wackos go out in public packing heat.

I think we need to take a serious look at the concealed handgun laws in this country.

I say, No thanks, unstable gun-toting white guy, who thinks he's protecting me and my family from thugs. I'd rather deal with the so-called thugs who KNOW they're going to jail if they mess with me, then deal with some glorified community watchman who thinks he's above the law.

When these idiots do shoot someone it'd better be a life or death situation and this was clearly not life or death, as statistically it usually isn't. (He used the gun simply because he had it, not because he needed it.) That's why he's beyond guilty in my mind. Tray didn't have a gun, it was a simple fist fight (if anything) so use your fists you coward, Zimmerman, especially if you start the ordeal by stalking him.

And I'm more than a bit concerned at the lack of compassion for an innocent child who's been murdered in the prime of his life. There's no evidence to suggest this young man wouldn't have been as productive a member of society as anyone here, nor that he's prone to temperamental violence.

Why wouldn't he stop to confront this idiot who's following him? What if the guy followed him back to his house and attempted something there on his family?