Originally Posted By: carmela

Ok, so why do you think Zimmerman confronted him?

I thought I already explained my theory as to why he confronted him. He saw a black kid in a hoodie, had the stereotypical image in mind, and assumed he was up to no good.

Quote:
What business did he have doing so?

I thought I explained that to. I don't think he had any business confronting him. As a community watch, he should basically observe and report. If he really felt Treyvon was up to something, he should have called the police. Not act like he was the police. The only situation that would warrant him acting immediately himself is if somebody is attacking someone else and he tries to stop it.

Quote:
And if there was some type of argument and it escalated into a physical altercation...so...??? What would make Zimmerman have to shoot? Cause they may have gotten into a brawl of some sort? So?
If you come up to me, in some kind of offensive way, asking me questions that don't concern you, minding my business and following me when all I'm doing is walking, you're damn straight I'm going to have some sort of words/argument with you. I'm probably going to start mouthing off at you and acting "thuggish". And? It may escalate into some sort of fight, probably a bad one. I'm still trying to find the reasoning behind Zimmerman shooting this kid. Zimmerman felt he had to shoot to protect himself from a fight he put himself into according to what you're saying, is that right?

Exactly. Zimmerman put himself in that situation and at least instigated the confrontation that ultimately led to the fight. And that's why he should be charged. But that doesn't excuse or warrant Treyvon escalating it to a physical fight, if that's what happened.

So what if somebody is following you? So what if they're suspicious of you? If I'm Treyvon, and I think this guy is just some nosy wannabe hero who looks at me as another black kid up to no good, I just go on my way and prove him wrong. Even if he confronts me, I keep my cool, beat him at his home game, and don't basically act like the thug he's assuming me to be.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.