Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

What was he doing that was bad? Walking to his father's home? He was a young kid, with nothing in his pockets but a bag of Skittles. He was being followed - at night - by an older armed man. I would imagine he was terrified. I would have been.

As for what proof I would expect to back up your statements, did he have an arrest record? Was he in a gang? Did he have drugs in his pocket? A knife? Those are things that I would classify as "thuggish". Walking home at night isn't.

I don't know how else I can explain my position. Trayvon may have not been doing anything except walking home. Which is why Zimmerman should have, at most, observed from a distance and not confronted him.

But, again, I highly doubt Zimmerman just walked up and shot him. I don't think Zimmerman was just sitting around waiting the the next black guy to walk by so he could shoot him. What has come out so far, plus common sense, suggests Zimmerman confronted him, there was some type of argument, and it escalated into a physical altercation. Enough to where Zimmerman felt he had to shoot. That seems the most probable situation to me. Trayvon didn't need an arrest record, or a weapon, or to be on drugs to react in a thuggish way.

Ok, so why do you think Zimmerman confronted him? What business did he have doing so? And if there was some type of argument and it escalated into a physical altercation...so...??? What would make Zimmerman have to shoot? Cause they may have gotten into a brawl of some sort? So?
If you come up to me, in some kind of offensive way, asking me questions that don't concern you, minding my business and following me when all I'm doing is walking, you're damn straight I'm going to have some sort of words/argument with you. I'm probably going to start mouthing off at you and acting "thuggish". And? It may escalate into some sort of fight, probably a bad one. I'm still trying to find the reasoning behind Zimmerman shooting this kid. Zimmerman felt he had to shoot to protect himself from a fight he put himself into according to what you're saying, is that right?

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.