Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
What makes you think Trayvon was a thug? I don't know a whole lot about his life. I know that he had been suspended for a week from high school for having a baggie with marijuana traces in it. Other than that, I don't know of any trouble he was in. Ivy, can you provide more information??

Well, for starters, I don't think Zimmerman (who's Hispanic by the way, despite all the white vs. black hoopla) just walked up and plugged Trayvon. It seems Trayvon did attack him. In other words, thuggish behavior. It may be annoying to have some guy follow you to make sure you're not up to mischief but I can't think of anything Zimmerman would have initially done to warrant being physically attacked.

That said, when you're neighborhood watch, you're basically a glorified security guard. You observe and report. It seems Zimmerman went beyond that and confronted Trayvon in the first place, which set him off. In other words, Zimmerman overstepped his bounds.

In summation:

Zimmerman - charge him with 2nd degree murder and get him plead to manslaughter.

Trayvon - not exactly a pillar of the community. No big loss.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.