Originally Posted By: Lilo
This is rather far afield from "crime and justice" but the people who are most fervently in support of gay marriage or abortion rights aren't in favor because some religions are opposed. They have non-religious reasons for supporting.

If all some person can point to as reason for their opposition to gay marriage or abortion rights is because their God said so, then no that's no longer sufficient post-Enlightenment.

Thanks for illustrating exactly what I was talking about. Your "post-Enlightenment" crap is exactly what I was referring to. The secular, humanist, science(so called)-is-my-god, crowd that look at religion as a backwards, outdated, and irrelevant. Most of these types are on the left. So one can't argue that a certain portion of the left is anti-religion.

As for Zimmerman, just charge him with 2nd degree murder (or at least manslaughter) and be done with it already. And I say that while, at the same time, believing Trayvon's death - while tragic in the larger sense - is no big loss to society. The kid was a thug.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.