Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Because, simply put it's NOT true. Spin it as you wish. Both sides play the game, BUT there is way way more hate coming from the right than the left. This "both sides do it equally" is bull this election cycle.

smile

TIS

First, the "hate speech" card is another one that often gets overplayed. So often I hear the left accuse various right-wing talk show hosts of "hate speech." Well, I've heard most of these guys over the years and, while some of them can get rather bombastic at times, there's been very few times they've said anything even approaching real hate speech. Once again, the definition of "hate speech" has been broadened so much (just like "racist") that it includes just about anything. For example, if one voices their opinion that marriage should be kept between a man and a woman, and is against gay marriage, they'll be accused by many of "hate speech." Today, often all it takes to be accused of "hate speech" is to simply disagree with a liberal on one issue or another.

Second, while I certainly believe there are many liberals who are very religious, there is a certain element on the left - including some in the "separation of church and state crowd" - who looks on religion as an outdated, backward, nuisance and, while they may not go as far as to want to stamp it out completely, they would like to relegate it to some far corner where it has no impact or influence on society.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/10/12 06:05 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.