Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny

With all the anti-Christian rhetoric out there, there's a sense that "we're all Christians". With the contraception controversy and health care, Tebow bashing, atheist billboards, "Holiday Trees" etc.........there is a greater sense of unity among Christians than ever.

I think being a Catholic is more detrimental than Mormon to a GOP candidate.

Of course being Catholic is detrimental. And if a candidate is a Catholic, they're probably from the north which also hurts.

Mmm, I'm not so sure. I'm not sure being Catholic has been an issue for some time. Kennedy was decades ago. Romney and the Mormons is today. The Evangelicals big thing with Mormons is that, in their opinion, we aren't Christians. So, with Romney, they are sort of between a rock and hard place. They want to get Obama out of office but they aren't very excited about voting for a Mormon. Which could mean them just staying at home instead of voting.
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny

With all the anti-Christian rhetoric out there, there's a sense that "we're all Christians". With the contraception controversy and health care, Tebow bashing, atheist billboards, "Holiday Trees" etc.........there is a greater sense of unity among Christians than ever.

I think being a Catholic is more detrimental than Mormon to a GOP candidate.

Mmm, I'm not so sure. I'm not sure being Catholic has been an issue for some time. Kennedy was decades ago. Romney and the Mormons is today. The Evangelicals big thing with Mormons is that, in their opinion, we aren't Christians. So, with Romney, they are sort of between a rock and hard place. They want to get Obama out of office but they aren't very excited about voting for a Mormon. Which could mean them just staying at home instead of voting.

Of course being Catholic is detrimental. And if a candidate is a Catholic, they're probably from the north which also hurts.

btw- Kennedy was a Democrat. I'm talking about the GOP which I see as a southern conservative party.