Originally Posted By: English
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Originally Posted By: ukwiseguy
Heres a documentary on Tucker, Tate and Rolfe incase you are interested NickyScarfo.

Essex boys is a good movie although very very loosely based on the story so much so that it pretty much bears no resemblence other than drug dealers and the range rover murders. Good movie though.

The Firm Tony Tucker,
Pat Tate Craig Rolfe Documentary

Yeah thanks man, I have seen this, I'm pretty interested in that whole case. I think the 90s were a pretty wild time with the Ecstasy trade kicking off, raves and drug dealings. Does anyone know if things have settled down in Essex now? I know that club Racquels in Basildon has closed down, and the whole rave, E thing is over. Yogi do you remember the Rettendon murders when it happened? I was only about 8 so vaguely I do.

NickyScarfo, I live on the Essex / London border and work in Basildon. I have some friends who knew Pat Tate well when he was alive and i'm lead to believe he was every bit the nasty piece of work he was portrayed to be. There is still an active drug scene in areas of Essex and London. Cocaine, Ecstasy, Ketamine, MDMA etc are all easy enought to get hold of. There isn't a known prominant figure or family / crew heading up the operation, such was the case with 'The Essex Boys' hence why they and their murders attracted so much media interest, I would have been 8 also at the time of there deaths actually. The street level activity now is divided up into gangs of different ethnic origins depending on exact location or by local multi-cultural crews. Ultimately however there will be a key figure/s the further up the chain you go, they just haven't been named or caught yet.

That's interesting English, thanks for sharing, yeah I can see him being a real nasty guy, also he was a huge imposing man in stature, 6 foot 5 and 18 stone which probably led him to think he could do what he wanted. Have you visited that site the Bernard Mahoney one? Brutal crime scene pictures of the murders and some good info also. Have you been to Rettendon?
I think Tucker was more the brains of the whole thing, he also mixed with celebs too, I am a boxing fan and have seen him in pics with Nigel Benn and Frank Bruno. I think his name rang out throughout Essex.
Finally do you believe they have convicted the right people for the 3 murders? A lot of people don't agree.