Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny
Lilo,

Why do you think that conservatives are racist?

I don't think we'll see more "eruptions" like this. Only reason it's such a big story is because white on black crime is not nearly as common as black on white crime. Whites are held to a higher standard by the media and society and when they "erupt" it's more interesting to read about.

I don't know anything about this Derbyshire guy but, nowadays, even saying the above - no matter how true it may be - gets you labeled as a racist or a bigot. Liberals figured out a long time ago that that accusing conservatives of being racist, hateful bigots wins half the battle immediately for them. So they're very quick to play that card, again, no matter how true it may be.

Ridiculous.
Perhaps you should take the trouble to find out something about "this Derbyshire guy" before you write such things.

1) When I write that Derbyshire is a racist, that's not just a description from my POV. It's from Derbyshire's own words.

"I am a homophobe, though a mild and tolerant one, and a racist, though an even more mild and tolerant one, and those things are going to be illegal pretty soon, the way we are going." Source

2) The overwhelming number of murders are intra-racial, not interracial. Whites who seek to criticize blacks as somehow uniquely biologically or culturally depraved are, you guessed it, racist.

Source

3) It's nonsensical for anyone to write or believe that whites are held to a higher standard criminally. That's not reality. The overwhelming majority of studies of the criminal justice system show that at every level-all else equal-blacks get harsher sentences than whites for the same crime. This bias also infects the death penalty machinery:

Quote:
In cases where a White defendant was accused of killing a White victim, 8% received the death penalty.
In cases where a Black defendant was accused of killing a Black victim, 1% received the death penalty.
In cases where a White defendant was accused of killing a Black victim, 3% received the death penalty.
In cases where a Black defendant was accused of killing a White victim, 22% received the death penalty.

Source

Link

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.