Figured i would show you what they are saying on realdeal:

Made Guy

Re: Irish Mob Charts
Very interesting/informative charts. Thanks for posting this.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:51 pm

DonnieBlack
Made Guy

Why don't he post them here himself?

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:56 am

wiseguy
Made Guy

DonnieBlack wrote:

I don't think he has a membership here and the books are currently closed.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:44 am

DonnieBlack
Made Guy

wiseguy wrote:
DonnieBlack wrote:

I don't think he has a membership here and the books are currently closed.

Oh yes, I forgot about the books being closed.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:59 am

JIGGS
Made Guy

This would be nice if it were a board game. But the organizational structure is so off on the NY based "groups." Some people just NEED there to be a boss of something with an official lieutenant, soldier, etc.

Tell NJBoy 55 there was no Spillaine Gang. Tom Devaney was not the #2, Eddie Cummiskey was not a lieutenant. Nor was James McManus, who was a local politician, a soldier in the Spillane organization.

Tell him to do research on a guy named Hugh Mulligan. He'll find some of these same people like Billy Beattie and Tommy McElroy running errands for him, along with being gofers for Spillane, Coonan, Richie Ryan, Mickey Featherstone, etc.

He left out some other kids. Dennis Curley, Tommy Moresco, Danny Quinn, Mike D'Amico, Ryan Leavitt, Raymond Steen, etc.

That whole thing about Sean Cummiskey and John Coonan III being the new leader of the Westies is internet mythology.Where are all the indictments on any of these reportedly active "Westies?"...

Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:18 pm

danielperrygin
Made Guy

Awesome charts!

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:09 pm

danielperrygin
Made Guy

Ive always wondered what part Danny Green Jr. played in his dads operations, anybody have any info on that?

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Dan
Made Guy

I agree with Jiggs, but chart is good, nice info on gangsters who were mostly Irish. Part I agree with Jiggs on is the structure, specifically New York list, these guys were mostly loose and on own, and hung together when they felt like it. Some were partners, but they had no structure.

Those New York West side Irish guys from 1970's and 1980's were mostly severe coke heads and alcoholics. Some were very dangerous, really nuts, rest were dangerous only when stoned.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:58 am

Ivan
Made Guy

JIGGS wrote:
This would be nice if it were a board game. But the organizational structure is so off on the NY based "groups." Some people just NEED there to be a boss of something with an official lieutenant, soldier, etc.

Tell NJBoy 55 there was no Spillaine Gang. Tom Devaney was not the #2, Eddie Cummiskey was not a lieutenant. Nor was James McManus, who was a local politician, a soldier in the Spillane organization.

Tell him to do research on a guy named Hugh Mulligan. He'll find some of these same people like Billy Beattie and Tommy McElroy running errands for him, along with being gofers for Spillane, Coonan, Richie Ryan, Mickey Featherstone, etc.

He left out some other kids. Dennis Curley, Tommy Moresco, Danny Quinn, Mike D'Amico, Ryan Leavitt, Raymond Steen, etc.

That whole thing about Sean Cummiskey and John Coonan III being the new leader of the Westies is internet mythology.Where are all the indictments on any of these reportedly active "Westies?"...

Careful correcting that NJBoy fella; I have done so very politely and he fucking flipped out on me. It was real obscure shit about Youngstown and the North Side Mob in Chicago that I just happened to know so I figured I'd pass it on. He didn't take it very well for some reason.

Anyway, here are my adjustments for the North Side Mob chart that pissed him off.

Quote:
Some notes about the North Side gang:

Quote:
1. Dean "Dion" O' Banion (1910-1924) First boss, murdered in 1924.

Charles Reiser was the de facto boss of these guys before O'Banion.

Quote:
2. Earl "Hymie" Weiss (1910-1926) A lieutenant, murdered in 1926.

His real name was "Henry Earl Wojciechowski", and he was the boss when killed.

Quote:
4. George "Bugs" Moran (1910-1935) Second boss, became boss after Dion O' Banion was murdered in 1924, moved out of town in 1935.

His real name was Adelard Cunin. Hymie Weiss and Schemer Drucci preceded him as boss. He became boss after Drucci was killed by Detective Healy.

Quote:
5. Samuel "Nails" Morton (1910-1922) A soldier, murdered in 1922.

He was kicked in the head by a horse, not murdered. Then Louis Alterie whacked the horse.

Quote:
9. Frank "Tight Lips" Gusenburg (1914-1929) A tough Jewish soldier, murdered in 1929 at the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.
10. Peter Gusenberg (1914-1929) A tough Jewish soldier, brother of Frank Gusenberg, murdered in 1929 at the St Valentine's Day Massacre.

IIRC, the Gusenbergs were German-American, not Jewish, but don't hold me to that. I think Frank's mob nickname was "Hock", and the media came up with that "Tight Lips" thing after he refused to talk following the St. Valentine's Day massacre, but don't hold me to that, either. ohwell

Quote:
13. Ted Newburry (1919-1933) A lieutenant, murdered in 1933.

Newberry also defected to the Outfit.

Quote:
14. Albert "Gorilla Al" Weinshank (1920-1929) A soldier, murdered in 1929 at the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

His real last name was Weinshenker, FWIW.

Also, only a small fraction of the North Siders were Irish-American. It was a multiethnic mob that has come to be (somewhat incorrectly) identified as an "Irish Mob" due to the prominence of O'Banion and the mistaken belief that Moran was Irish (he was, believe it or not, French). I think Ragen's Colts (under the leadership of Ralph Sheldon) might have been the biggest full-blown "Irish Mob" in Chicago at the time.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:40 pm

Pogo the Clown
Made Guy

Didn't Newberry succeed Moran as Boss of the gang for a breif period in the early 30s?

Pogo

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:22 am

Ivan
Made Guy

Pogo the Clown wrote:
Didn't Newberry succeed Moran as Boss of the gang for a breif period in the early 30s?

Yes and no.

He defected to Capone in 1930 around the time of the Lingle fiasco and was appointed head of rackets that were taken away from Moran after the massacre. Also appointed as overseer of these rackets was Gus Winkeler, who is believed to have been the driver for St. Valentine's Day Massacre killers.

So he took over North Side rackets from Moran and was his "successor" in that respect, but as a part of the Outfit under Capone and then under Nitti until he was murdered in 1933. Winkeler was killed later that same year. I think they were replaced by whoever the first Italian North Side Outfit capo was (Ross Prio? not sure...). Moran remained the official and last boss of the North Side Mob until it sort faded away in the mid-1930s.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:46 am

Pogo the Clown
Made Guy

Thanks for the info. Do you know how many members the North Siders had at their peak?

Pogo

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:51 am

Ivan
Made Guy

Pogo the Clown wrote:
Do you know how many members the North Siders had at their peak?

No idea. I've never seen a total membership figure cited. I know of about 25-30 specific individuals who were IDed as members, but other than those guys I don't know about any other members.

BTW, do you know who the first Italian North Side boss was? The one who I think took over the area under Nitti.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:59 am

Pogo the Clown
Made Guy

Ivan wrote:
BTW, do you know who the first Italian North Side boss was? The one who I think took over the area under Nitti.

The earliest one that I know about is Lawrence "Dago" Mangano. Thanks for the info on the North Siders.

Pogo

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:18 am

ChefB12
Made Guy

32. Michael "White Mike" McArdle (2002-Pr) A soldier, living in Quincy, reported to be still active

He is a fictional character from the The Wire season 2.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:41 am

danielperrygin
Made Guy

Danny Greene Jr.? Anybody?