THE HUNGER GAMES

So after I finished the LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy, I had planned on delving back into the wonderful world of Harry Potter since it's been about 5 years since I've read any of the books. But then THE HUNGER GAMES movie came out and there was all of this hoopla EVERYWHERE I turned. The papers, TV, Internet, etc. So, I asked a few coworkers at work and they convinced me (not to mention that I had just previously watched BATTLE ROYALE recently which didn't help). The book looked like an easy read and something I could squeeze in before reading Harry Potter.

All I can say after the first book is WOW! For me, it lived up to the hype. What I loved most about this book is it gets to the point. Doesn't have any slow, drawn out parts where you're reading thinking to yourself, "come on, move it already." From cover to cover the book plays by its own set of your rules, you're at its mercy. Definitely a page turner. Always difficult to put down and not wonder what happens next. Practically every chapter left you with a cliff hanger. I'm eagerly anticipating seeing the movie and reading the rest of the trilogy (however I'm a little weary because I've heard that they actually get worse as the books go along but I'm too intrigued to see what happens next to stop now). I haven't been this satisfied reading a book in a long time.

*The book is definitely better than the movie. Like so many times, the movie leaves out a lot

Last edited by Irishman12; 04/01/12 03:57 PM. Reason: Movie review