Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Yeah, the new system is supposedly A LOT more user friendly. I've read online that if people were thinking of switching from Windows, now's the time. It looks like a Mac almost in terms of appearance. The only problem I found with it somewhat was that some software isn't Linux compatible. I'm still thinking about it. My friend at work said he could do it to where when it boots up, I could choose whether I want to run Linux or Windows (which I think is pretty sweet!). Seriously giving it consideration.

Yeah the whole not having eveyr piece of software being Linux compatible is a big turn off for me. Your friend is talking about having your pc do a "dual boot" where you can choose the OS you want. I have been thinking of doing that for my HP Touchpad (tablet) it currently runs on its native WebOS platform which I like, but a popular online group called Cyanogenmod hacked it to where it also runs on Android and I can choose which OS I want to run when I turn it on.

The group also hacks other tablets and basically all smartphones to do bunch of cool stuff, and the best part is you can download the "roms" they make to hack your device for free.

Currently, I dont have any time to do any of this cool stuff to my devices but hopefully once I am done with school I will give it a shoot and put android on it.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 03/29/12 11:49 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.