Originally Posted By: DapperDon
We agree it is an economic thing and unfortunately those two groups in particular dont fare too well in that arena and thus we see the outcomes in the criminal world. I dont dispute/in fact I discuss this all the time in real life, but I just want to make sure its not an indictment of the entire race thats all. Cause I can easily say, 95% of all white collar crime committed in the US is done by whites or Jews but that wouldnt be fair/right to that entire race/group.

Facts are facts and I dont/never dispute them if they are.

And that's all I'm saying. Facts are facts, but these particular facts are based more on economics. If I were saying they were more racially based, I could see why you and others would have a problem.

And, again, I originally entered this discussion to point out that people's kneejerk defensiveness on these issues - which is understandable to a point - gets in the way of getting at the truth.

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

It's called stereotyping.

Reminds me of when for decades you never heard the word "Mafia" at the movies, but only "Syndicate" because when people say "Mafia," they're sure as hell weren't talking about Danish-Americans.

Hey remember a few years back when the media went nuts over those extremist-Mormon fringe compounds being raided? Reminds me whenever outsiders bring up those lunatic Snake Handling Christians in the South (there's a local church in Carter County), as if it's a common regional cultural fabric.

Ever notice how every group, ethnic or religious or regional, seems to usually have the same # of fucking crazy/moronic fringe folks?

I realize it's stereotyping. What I'm saying is, there is usually some truth at the root of stereotypes.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on this issue. Don't wanna push my luck. whistle

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/27/12 09:57 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.