^^^thats great that his team won, congrats!

You brought back some memories.I love baseball, I played both JV and Varsity in High School. I alternatively played centerfield, second base, or starting pitcher.

There was this one time that this kid hit this long fly ball that was going to be a homerun, I started running (as centerfielder) to try and jump the fence (no wall) and catch the ball ala ESPN's Baseball Tonight Web Gems. Anyways, I reach the fence and climb up with my free hand and catch the ball with other hand. As I was coming down, my middle finger from the hand that was on the fence got caught and the tip was dislocated. The tip of the finger was like at an angle greater than 180 degrees from the rest of the finger. Needless, to say I held on to the ball. My middle finger ( lol) was in a cast for the rest of the year as I attended therapy. That spelled the end of my playing days as I didnt take up playing while in college. Thats what I get for trying to be cool and impress all the chicks in the stands. cool
My middle finger is fine now, it was a very painful experience at the time. I was a decent hitter .280+ and a decent starter with a consistent under 4 ERA.

I also played against some current major leaguers as like John Lannan and Cole Kimball who are both with the Nationals now.

Best of luck to your kid in his baseball endeavors.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 03/23/12 09:21 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.