Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: klydon1
80 degrees. Friday afternoon. In less than an hour I'll be making the drive to Reading, windows down and listening to the Beatles and Springsteen, on my way to my son's opening day high school baseball game. I have the folding chair in the trunk and the diet pepsis on ice, and my Boston College Alumni hat on my head, and look forweard to planting myself somewhere along the left field line with a bag of peanuts. I'll be in my glory.

Damm, i am jealous your living the life thats for sure. I have been on spring break for the past week where I was a lazy bum and just enjoyed the lovely weather in Upstate NY. Classes start back up for me on Monday. frown

My older son came home from college tonight too. The past three springs and summers he's worked for our local AA baseball team. He's a concessions supervisor, and this is the weekend they train the new help.

I really did live the life today, but I should add that most days aren't so fun. It was good to put the daily stress on the back burner. But keep in mind that most of us should be jealous of you because you possess the greatest gift there is: youth.

By the way, my younger son's team won 5-4, and he made his varsity debut by pitching the final two innings to get the save. After giving up a run in the bottom of the final inning, he got the batter to pop out with the winning run on base. If the batter had doubled, it would have been a long bus ride home for him.