Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
It's no mystery who most of the folks here are voting for, and so, their objectiveness can be called into question.

Like your objectiveness can't be?? rolleyes

Well, let's see here. Generally speaking, I am conservative. But I'm no Republican. I'm certainly not a Democrat either. I consider myself an independent conservative, though I do find myself agreeing with Democrats on some things. I tend to think both parties do get some things right but are usually full of crap. I hate...HATE...partisan politics. I roll my eyes at Rush Limbaugh and Shawn Hannity as much as I do at Bill Maher or Rachel Maddow. They all have an agenda of some type.

There are things I like and dislike about Obama. I have been pleasantly surprised on how he has handled national defense issues. And while his health care plan may not be the answer, it's not like fixing the system was ever a big priority for the Republicans. At the same time, I cringe to think of what will happen to the Supreme Court if Obama wins another term. And for all the talk about how wealthy Romney is, it's not like Obama will ever have money problems.

And there are things that I like and dislike about Romney. Just because the guy is the same religion as me, doesn't mean I'm in the bag for him. Even if he has genuinely changed his stance on certain social issues, he should have never had different ones to begin with; especially so late in life. Some of these were issues that are pretty black and white, far as LDS doctrine goes, so I expect more from Romney than an Obama-like "evolving of views." I'm also a a big animal lover so the whole dog on the car roof story has always left me befuddled. And while I do think he is a natural businessman and leader, I do also have questions about a guy who has never, and will never, have to worry about living paycheck to paycheck.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.