RR,

I don't even remember the Shawshank Redemption being in the theater. LOL I'd see it on the tv guide list and would wonder, "what the hell is a Shawshank?" I finally saw the movie and loved it.

Everyone has their own taste and that's what makes movies/reviews interesting. You see it from other peoples' perspective. Just because this is a "random" thread I'll give a little insight on my taste.

I've ALWAYS tended to lean toward drama,action type movies. Seldom will I go to see a comedy at a theater. Not that I don't like any comedies but they are not my favorite. Yet, for whatever reason a comedy will come along that cracks me up (even if nobody else enjoys it). Years ago, I rented "Young Frankenstein". I am not a Mel Brooks fan necessarily, but I loved that movie. More recently, HBO was running "The Hangover" (first one). I laughed thru the entire movie and called my girls and told them to rent it. Oh, and I love the Marx Brothers and all their so corny humor but never cared for The Three Stooges. confused

With Space Odyssey it's weird because I love some SciFi like The X-Files, Twilight Zone, ET. Never got into Star Wars or Star Trek though. Go figure!! confused

Another thing, I am not a a big western fan (tho my family & I always watched Gunsmoke, Bonanza). During the same era of Space Odyssey, I went to see a different type movie they called "spaghetti western" called "Hang 'em High" (Sergio Leonie I believe). Not being a western fan, I never saw "Fistful Of Dollars" or "Few Dollars More" until AFTER Hang em High. Then of course Eastwood went on to Dirty Harry and became the #1 Box Office draw in the early 70s.

I actually don't mind the "celebrity episodes" on Quantum Leap BUT I definitely hear what you're saying. You just know they can't change things. Still fun to watch. smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon