Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Doesn't make any sense at all, Ronnie. It never has.

What also has never made sense for me is those territories voting for Congressional delegates who can't vote, but can speak and join Congressional committees. (In short, they're voting for their elected lobbyist.)

The grossest example of this is the D.C. metropolitan area. Why does some asshole from Wyoming or Florida determine and basically speak (by ballot) what funds goes to D.C.? A city that large being taxed but denied a voting representation isn't just wrong, it defies common sense. Why can't Congress pass a bill, without the Constitutional wrangling, giving the D.C. area a vote in the House of Representatives, where all spending bills start at? (Do they need two Senate votes despite not being a state? I don't think so.)

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Santorum's "Speak English" mandate is the final nail in his coffin (not that he was ever going to get the Latino vote anyway). He ought to just take his wife and kids and move to a White Guy militia in Oregon right now. Get it over with.

How the grandson of immigrants can be so xenophobic is beyond me.

As crazy as this sounds, that gaffe will screw Ricky in PR...I could see Romney's quick rush to condemn Santorum over that flap backfiring on him for the Illinois primary. I could see Ricky even throwing that bomb out on the sunday talk shows.

I mean a topic alot of the conservatives adored for years is that "English=National Language" mantra. Mittens saying that is wrong? OF course those same people who would be offended by that timely position are probably already going to vote against him.

But this damn race has been crazy already so why not more?

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 03/16/12 12:07 PM.