Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Originally Posted By: Mark
Great film. I remember renting that video and bringing home pizza on a Friday night. My wife and son loved it! Especially my son - he was 7 at the time and still loves it. Wow, ronnie - 20 years.

I saw that on opening weekend, slightly older than your boy (only by a few summers), and the only thing I really remember about that experience was that scene when the dinosaurs on the island are unveiled and you could hear a loud audible gasp from the screening crowd.

Kids now see it and probably accept it as dated CGI (if outstanding for it's time), much like how we only see a hairy puppet in KING KONG, which once upon a time truely terried people.

But that moment, back in 1993, people didn't think they were seeing state of the art CGI or animatronic puppet effects. They thought they were really looking at dinosaurs. Pure movie magic. I really thought that was a T-Rex trying to eat Jeff Goldlbum.

EDIT - I forgot, this will be the 30th anniversary of the legendary summer of 1982. Consider the movies that came out that summer:

E.T.
Conan the Barbarian
Poltergeist
Blade Runner
Star Trek II: Wrath of Kahn
Tron
Rocky III
Class of 1984
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
The Thing
Friday the 13th Part III
Firefox