Originally Posted By: Don Marco
Why do you care? I don't see a big deal being made of anyone's religion, so what difference does it make? Trinity United Church of Christ - there are thousand of churchs called "Church of Christ" in this country. Just because it doesn't say Baptist, Methodist, or Lutheran doesn't make it any less Christian.

Is anyone really surprised that Mississippi and Alabama think he is Muslim, don't believe in evolution, and admire Rush Limbaugh. Is it a coincidence that Alabama and Mississippi have some of the worst education systems in the country? The home of Haley Barbour?

I don't care. But if the mainstream media is going to continue to bring up the issue, I have a right to ask a simple question. It's something I felt was missing from the massive coverage of the survey.

Most people I know in my personal life, or who are public figures, identify by denomination. Obama seems to be a generic "Christian" and the media leaves it at that. They should not bring it up at all unless they're going to be more specific.