Pat Robertson made many such claims debunked by poli-facts.

The President DID go to school in Indonesia where they taught (as I understand) both Muslim & Catholicism. He was enrolled by his father (who was in his life a very short time)who was Muslim but shortly after became atheist.

By what I've read/learned, I assume he never really was a big church goer until he was an adult. So What? BUT then he's got that scary middle name, HUSSEIN that the right love to emphasize. OMG, I said it. rolleyes

Politifact sums it up this way:

Obama’s own writings, independent biographies and news articles show he had a secular childhood. Sure, he went to an Indonesian school where most of the children were Muslim and there are accounts that he sometimes attended a mosque with his Islamic stepfather. But there is no evidence that the president was a practicing Muslim raised in the faith.

Btw, my family is Catholic. I have two grandchildren who went/are going to a Religious "Non-Catholic" preschool. I do NOT consider them to be of that faith even tho the Preschool incorporate religion (although admittedly since they are 4yr olds, it doesn't play a major role) in their teachings.

TIS

http://www.politifact.com/virginia/state...-raised-muslim/

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 03/13/12 11:39 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon