I have an older laptop that I purchased maybe 4 years ago or so. I got frustrated with it because it was exceptionally slow loading anything. Before I dispose of it, I thought I'd play around with it and see if I could make it faster. It's an IBM Thinkpad and it's a Windows Vista. When I bought it they said that everything was gonna be Vista in the near future. LOL Do they even make Vista anymore? confused

I did computer scans, disk fragmented scans, got rid of unnecessary programs and eliminated many (all) start-up menu items. I too have Microsoft Security essentials, and I ran that a couple times. The start-ups, shut downs though are still sooooo slow. Thus far, it seems much better once it's up and running. I'm wondering if the slow start-up/shut-downs are a trait of Windows Vista. Anyone know?

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 03/11/12 04:56 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon