Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Recently I dumped Verizon DSL for Comcast Internet. Its much faster, but I need a wireless router because of the way my house is wired and where my computer is. So, I bought a Cisco-Linksys wireless router - nothing fancy, E1200. What a piece of shit. After two weeks it lost power. It came with no SSID or password and their tech support could get me hooked up. The unit worked, but unsecured. When the power died I sent it back - cost me $10 to mail. The second unit - same thing - no SSID, no password, no security - after 10 days I lost connection. SOOOO, I went to Staples and bought a Netgear router. 10 minutes, up and working, secure, no problem. I wrote to Cisco, one week, no response. DON'T buy Cisco, Linksys.

I recently had to replace my Linksys router too. However, it was about 5+ years old so I'd say we got our money's worth. Never really had any problem with it too much. I've got a Belkin now and it seems to be doing the job. My problem hasn't been so much with the router but with stupid Time Warner Cables cheap equipment that breaks down every 6 months or so (sooner sometimes). I'm talking modems, DVRs, etc.