Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
It's why it's hard for me to have any sympathy for the Palestinians, since they voted Hamas into power.

Me, too.

After Arafat died in 2005(leaving his family in Switzerland richer by the >$1 billion he embezzled from his own people), Mahmoud Abbas took over the Palestinian Authority. Israel thought he was interested in peace, so they returned Gaza to the PA--in the process uprooting 9,000 Jewish settlers, some of them forcibly, so the Gazans wouldn't be troubled with any Jews in their midst. Gazans ousted the PA and installed Hamas, an Islamic terrorist organization that quotes the Protocols of the Elders of Zion in its charter and vows to destroy Israel. Result: >7k rockets rained on Israel, causing scores of deaths and injuries.

If an Islamic terrorist organization like Al Queida, which wants to destroy America because we're a Christian-majority nation, were to win an election in southern Canada or northern Mexico, and start raining down rockets on Michigan or Arizona, how long would it take any of us to demand that our government stop them?

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.