Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Two things...

First, I think your comment that they are "neo-colonialists playing tough guy with people's lives" is based more on emotion than on reality.

Second, I'm not saying war is the answer right now. And I don't think anyone else is. I'm all for seeing if the sanctions, etc. does the job. But it's becoming more and more clear to me that you and some others here would only resort to military action against Iran once they had nuclear weapons AND used them. In other words, nothing short of a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv or a terrorist detonating a bomb in some U.S. or European city could happen before you'd finally say, "Well, OK, maybe we should deal with this."

1) You are of course entitled to your opinion as are we all. Have you read works by Max Boot, Victor Davis Hanson, Niall Ferguson and others? Neo-colonialist is not just an epithet. It is an accurate description of their political positions and general wordview. They won't be the ones cowering in basements while their cities are bombed or watching their children be born deformed from depleted uranium munitions usage. No, they'll just be going to Washington parties and writing books or columns about new "threats".

2) Wow. Again with the apocalyptic imagery. That is the same hypothetical that former Secretary of State Rice used to justify the war on Iraq. And we know how that turned out.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.