Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny
btw- Cesare Bonventre died in Maspeth Queens.

Still trying to find out where he lived and if his son got into "the life".

BonventreĀ“s address was listed at 2042 83rd Street in Brooklyn. I think thatĀ“s in the Bensonhurt section.
There is a Giaccomo "Jack" Bonventre (born in 1966?) listed as a Bonanno member, but I doubt very much that he is CesareĀ“s son. If the date of birth is 1966, Cesare would have been in his teens when Jack was born.

Interesting. I always figured him to be a Bushwick Bonanno.

There is a Cesare Bonventre listed on the White Pages. He lives in Maspeth and is 27, which is the exact age his son would be.

Bonventre was, what you call, a "Bushwick Bonanno". He was with the Knickerbocker crew. But he didnĀ“t live in the area. Neither did Catalano who I believe lived in the Middle Village section in Queens.
The Cesare Bonventre you found on the White Pages seems to be BonventreĀ“s son. The Jack Bonventre, I mentioned, is probably not related to him in any way.

There was actually a time when being a "Bushwick Bonanno" meant living there too. That whole Bushwick/Lower Ridgewood area was Bonanno territory going back before I was born.

Remember the Troutman Street ambush? Cypress Gardens massacre?

I'm guessing that Catalano lived in that part of Ridgewood or Bushwick when he came as an immigrant then moved to Middle Village which is an extension of that area.

So many Italians lived in those old tenements before working their way up to Maspeth or Middle Village or wherever.