Originally Posted By: NJBoy55
It's kind of depressing how he was sent to life for killing a guy who kidnapped and even tried to kill his son. But, rapists get out sooner. Please tell me Vinny did other bad stuff in the past that was just as bad and they got him for all of them. The FBI has been after the Italian mobsters for years. I agree he deserved to be punished, but not life in prison, maybe 10 years, but life is way too much. FBI stands for forever bothering the Italians, like what Armand Assante said in the film "Gotti." It's always going to be like that. Could be Vinny needs parole, but for anyone to be in good spirits in a Prison cell to me is a blessing, Makes this Italian count his blessings. Very saddening.

To be fair, the FBI goes after all types of ethnic criminals, not just the Italians. And it's not accurate to say "forever bothering italians"; maybe "forever bothering italian criminals," but even that's a stretch. If Gotti and Basciano and Massino and Gravano, et.al, were all mailmen, truck drivers, and construction workers, I doubt they would have found themselves in federal custody!