Originally Posted By: Lilo

Sorry but that makes no sense.
According to the best intelligence estimates, 2007, 2010 and currrent , Iran does not have a nuclear weapons program. All the people calling for war seem to elide this fact. Talk about credibility. They have none. The people calling for war seem to be living in a fact free world when it comes to this. They want war. Period.

The same people who lied us into war into Iraq are trying to do so into Iran. Once again, into the breach!!

If Iran attacks the United States, the United States will destroy Iran. Everyone knows that. It's unquestioned. The question is why are some people so eager to attack a country which has not attacked us? It's like we're living in a surreal world where this quote never existed.

"War is essentially an evil thing. Its consequences are not confined to the belligerent states alone, but affect the whole world. To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

I don't think we're ever going to come to an agreement on this because of the following reasons:

1. Iran not having a nuclear weapons program at this moment does not mean it isn't working on it and could have nuclear weapons capability in only a few years. It's sitting on a sea of oil and it needs nuclear energy?

2. I do not believe those people you call "war hawks" actually want war. Only a madman wants war. I believe the fundamental difference between them and you is that war is simply one of several options they're willing to consider, while you seem to have taken that off the table a long time ago (if it was ever there at all) and wouldn't consider it no matter what Iran does.

3. Yes, war is an evil thing, but sometimes it's a necessary evil. To say that it's never warranted is simplistic, pie-in-the-sky nonsense.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.