The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg interviews President Obama over Iran.

Quote:
It means a political component that involves isolating Iran; it means an economic component that involves unprecedented and crippling sanctions; it means a diplomatic component in which we have been able to strengthen the coalition that presents Iran with various options through the P-5 plus 1 and ensures that the IAEA [International Atomic Energy Agency] is robust in evaluating Iran's military program; and it includes a military component. And I think people understand that. I think that the Israeli government recognizes that, as president of the United States, I don't bluff.

And he actually gives an argument for why Iran going nuclear armed would be a disaster. I'll admit, it's eloquent and logical. You can poke holes in it, but this is much more to the point and realistic than the doomsday scare-mongering we've heard in the GOP debates.

Quote:
If Iran gets a nuclear weapon, this would run completely contrary to my policies of nonproliferation. The risks of an Iranian nuclear weapon falling into the hands of terrorist organizations are profound. It is almost certain that other players in the region would feel it necessary to get their own nuclear weapons. So now you have the prospect of a nuclear arms race in the most volatile region in the world, one that is rife with unstable governments and sectarian tensions. And it would also provide Iran the additional capability to sponsor and protect its proxies in carrying out terrorist attacks, because they are less fearful of retaliation ... [Even taking Israel out of the equation], it would ... be a profound national-security interest of the United States to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon.

Notice how this coincidentally comes out before Netanyahu makes his war-now! pitch next week. Makes me very hopeful that he will have Frosty's brass balls and tell him to calm the fuck down and don't bully our government into a war prematurely.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international...t-bluff/253875/