Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Still waiting for an answer to my question: What would Iran have to do, if there's anything at all, that would make some folks here believe that military action was the only solution left?

How about a legit nuke stockpile? I mean for real, not speculation or nightmares or whatever. I don't mean maybe their making it, they could but for real they wipe their ass with the NPT and publicly trump their regime security trump card by marching warheads down Tehran boulevard. Not to be cynical, but remember Iraq? All that hot air, used by a dictatorship as a deterrent against invasion.

I mean Cuba 1962, when the folks at the Pentagon looked at those photos and SHIT THEIR PANTS. That's what I want. That's when war is acceptable. In one possible scenario. I won't play your game of destructive simplicity.

What next, we strike Beijing because they could potentially invade Tawain next year? Strike Moscow because they could potentially molest Georgia again? Invade Egypt because they could go religiously insane? Hell if we're going on that logic train, let's attack Pakistan because they have nukes and they clearly don't like us. (You know, a REAL stockpile of nukes.)

There's something to be said about letting the bad guys DO SOMETHING and then go N.W.A. on their asses. Usually they won't "do something" because of our overwhelming military deterence. But when they do, BAM! That's the point.

Better question, why aren't most Israelis (if that poll is accurate and not a fluke) apparently not having a boner for this potential war? Let me guess, you'll dismiss them as naive cowards too? Will you paint them as waving a peace paper in the air just after an airflight? Can you explain that?

(OK I'll play your game sorta. Remove the nuclear issue all together, if Iran tried to legit close the Strait of Hormuz...that would be absolutely unacceptable. We would send a badass Navy fleet down their throat to piss on their bullshit blockade. If they do fire first, give'em hell. And Lead.)