Bullshit.

George Lucas: Greedo ALWAYS shot first!

Quote:
Ensuring that he kept hackles well and truly raised, Lucas also addressed the ‘Greedo shoots first’ debate. The ever-controversial scene takes place in A New Hope, and fans have long argued over who shot first in the film's original print - Han Solo or alien Greedo.

“Well, it’s not a religious event. I hate to tell people that,” Lucas says. “It’s a movie, just a movie. The controversy over who shot first, Greedo or Han Solo, in Episode IV, what I did was try to clean up the confusion, but obviously it upset people because they wanted Solo to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn’t.

“It had been done in all close-ups and it was confusing about who did what to whom. I put a little wider shot in there that made it clear that Greedo is the one who shot first, but everyone wanted to think that Han shot first, because they wanted to think that he actually just gunned him down.”

I haven't seen such glaring denial since that Syrian dictator claimed he doesn't kill his own people. (Too soon?)

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/george-lucas-defends-star-wars-changes?fb_ref=facebook_recommendation