Here in Brooklyn (aka Tessio Territory - "Where you'll be safe." wink ), the sky is clear with a fragment of a moon and stars visible on a chilly night. Gonna get pretty cold tonight, so they say.

The only problem is, since I live in an urban area with many street lights, I keep trying to block them out with my hat (black baseball cap) or my hands so more stars are visible.

I think back to the days, many years ago, when I was living high on a hill on the south side of Syracuse back when everything was still rural. The air was freezing, but you could see thousands of stars on those clear nights. A few beers (Genesee swill, the local panther piss) and you'd pretty much forget where you were; you'd just stare at the beautiful starscape along with the woman next to you whose waist, hopefully, you'd have your arm around.

And so, to this day, I'm a sucker for clear, moonlit starry nights (throw in the appropriate Don McLean song for good measure wink ).

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."