Originally Posted By: klydon1
In honor of George Harrison's birthday today, I remembered a funny thing that happened last Spring at my daughter's middle school.

I was picking her up from basketball one evening and while waiting, stopped in the auditorium where they were holding tryouts for the school talent show. I was impressed with a thin eighth grade boy, who played guitar and rendered an amazing acoustic version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." He got an enthusiastic ovation from the dozens of parents, students and onlookers.

From the desk at the stage were three moms, who were grading the performances. One of the women said into her microphone, "Now Sean, do you really think that song is appropriate for middle school?"

The boy looked nervous and confused, and everyone there was dumbfounded as well. She then said she objected to the language. When he still didn't respond, the pompous ass of a judge asked in a harsher tone, "Do you even know what the word 'perverted' means?"

He said it has several meanings. But she only knew one, and said the Beatles "actually did some songs that weren't objectionable." She asked that if he liked the group, he could audition another Beatle song.

In a couple of minutes he took the stage again and to my delight, and with gusto belted out the lyrics, "Why don't we do it in the Rooooad."

As it turns out the boy's family contacted the principal, who happily ruled that any Beatle song could be performed in the school show. I understand that he did Harrison's song as he had wanted.

Happy Birthday, George. You're still missed.
clap Thank you ! Brought a tear to my eye . RIP , GH