Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti
Has anyone talked to afsaneh? confused

I imagine a person has to have their nuts screwed on tight, facing the threat of war everyday in their own backyard. ohwell

I'm here. whistle I suppose this is one of the times that I should be thankful I've got no nuts. lol

Since the time I can remember from my childhood, Iran was at war with Iraq. That bloody war took 8 years. My whole childhood was spent in an atmosphere as if war was something normal. Granted, at that time we were living in a town an hour away from Esfahan, and all I felt from war were the sounds of Iraqi airplanes passing the speed of sound, just getting back from bombing Esfahan. frown It's like a bomb being dropped down further away. Or I remember orientation classes as to how make gas masks at school, in case of a chemical attack. I remember not one child was scared. I compare the attitude toward such a threat of an American with that of ours and I see a great deal of difference. Not sure why there's not that much frenzy toward the face of doom here.

I suppose if I want to be completely honest, I've not taken the threat of war seriously. Nobody here has. And even if I did, that wouldn't be a very positive feeling for my everyday life.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones