All that tying and you didn't (or couldn't) answer my question. I don't know if I'd compare you guys to Chamberlain but the main difference between yourselves and those you see as warmongers is that war isn't even among the options you guys would have on the table in dealing with Iran. And that's basically my point. Whether we're talking Iran, or Iraq a decade ago, or North Korea, or whoever, I seriously question if there is anything they could do that would make the peacenik crowd finally resort to war.

P.S...

I know Israel has nuclear weapons. But that's a hell of a lot different than Iran getting them. Anyone who says different is either ignorant or in denial.

I'm all for deterrence. My hypothetical question is if that fails.

And I don't know where this idea comes from that Israel is so dependent on the U.S. that it should do whatever the U.S. says. It may have been that way at one time but not anymore. The two countries maintain their relationship out of choice more than necessity. If anything, it's only from dealing with U.S. concerns that Israel hasn't hit Iran already.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 02/25/12 06:02 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.