What the Chairman of the JCS was saying is, if say Tel Aviv goes at it alone against our wishes (unlikely, but the possiblity can't be dismissed), then American targets overseas would be part of the retaliation package from Tehran. It's one thing if this comes about because we struck first (inevitable to expect), but if we don't (or worse, we didn't sign off), well that's a completely different thing all together.

I thought everything he said was quite logical. Just surreal how the most supposed "patriotic" flag-waving Americans would believe a foreign government's leader over their own Chairman of the fucking JCS. Just imagine 9 years ago if the political parties were reversed. We would never hear the end of betrayal and treason.

Of course all this is academic, since war is apparently inevitable and worse, only invasion can solve this problem. Just lobbing bombs will bring us the negative consequences without the positive ones.

Tucker Carlson (a dork I usually have no use for) got flack earlier this week for saying we should "annihilate" Iran. He said he was overtaken by emotion and gave his opinion that Obama might go ahead with war regardless if he thinks it's warranted or necessary because not doing so will damage his re-election chances.

Thing is, I might've to agree with him.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 02/24/12 01:21 AM.